Shhh. 🤫 Do you hear that? If you get quiet enough, you can hear it. It’s the whisper of your soul. It’s your inner voice crying out for more out of life –– more growth, more expansion, more love, more excitement, and more joy.
If you act on your soul’s calling, your life can go from ordinary to extraordinary. You can go from saying, “everything is just fine” to “everything is absolutely amazing!”
Today’s guest, Lori Saitz, will teach you how to become more grounded and centered, allowing you to tap into your true essence, so you can leap into a fun and fulfilling life!
Welcome back to The Midlife Makeover Show! We are now in the second week of 2023! For the 50% of you out there that made New Year’s Resolutions, I hope you are still hanging onto them and seeing some progress. Unfortunately, 25% of you have already given up on your New Year’s Resolutions by the second week of the year! 40% of you will give up by the end of January! Gasp! That explains why the gym is flooded with new members in January and empties out by February!
I’m going to tell you the three reasons why you might give up on your New Year’s Resolutions, and most importantly, how can you be a part of the 10% that conquers their goals in 2023.
1. You weren’t ready! A lot of people jump on the New Year’s Resolutions bandwagon, but they’re not ready yet. In order for you to succeed at accomplishing a goal, you have to be ready. In order to be ready, you must have a good solid reason and desire to complete this goal. In other words, you need a WHY. Ask yourself WHY do you want to achieve this goal in your life.
2. Your goals are too big, or you have too many. Rome was not built in a day, and neither will your new life. Set realistic goals and just set a few at a time. Many of you are trying to start a keto diet, train for a marathon, create a meditation practice, declutter your house, and leap tall buildings in a single bound. Just set one to three small goals at a time, focus and be consistent with those goals for a few of weeks, and then you can add some more goals. I don’t know if you know this, but January 1st isn’t the only day you can make changes in your life. You have permission to make New Year’s Resolutions 365 days out of the year.
3. You are thinking like your old self. Einstein once said: “We cannot solve a problem on the level of consciousness that created it.” If you want to create a new life and new you, it all starts in your mind. You must begin to think like a happy, healthy, energetic, vibrant, person. Change your thoughts and you WILL change your life.
I hope that helps you to give more meaning to your goals, make more realistic goals, keep your goals, and create an awesome 2023! I want that for all of you!
My conversation with today’s guest is right in line with tapping into what you want in your life and making it happen. It’s about finding the courage to go from the ordinary to the extraordinary.
Before I introduce you to our awesome guest, a couple of reminders:
1. Make sure you sign up for The Midlife News at http://themidlifenews.com to receive insider alerts on new episodes, live shows, free workshops, and special offers.
2. Follow me on Instagram at Wendy Valentine, so you can join me every week when we go live on The Midlife Makeover Show! You’ll also get to see video clips of the show, great content to keep you motivated, and of course, silly stuff to help you laugh!
Now for today’s special guest, Lori Saitz. She is the Founder of Zen Rabbit and host of the podcast “Fine is a 4-Letter Word.” She’s an award-winning writer, speaker, and broadcaster.
The experience of leaving a 22-year marriage inspired her transformational F*ck Being Fine program. Through it, she guides business professionals who are finished living in a dumpster fire, to a place of unprecedented clarity, peace, and productivity. Using a collaborative approach, she’s teaching the world to be grounded and centered, which leads to improved relationships and better overall health. When Lori’s not working, you can find Lori in her sanctuary, aka the weight room at the gym. She also loves cupcakes, Thai food and classic rock music.
ENJOY THE SHOW!
The Nuggets of Midlife Wisdom from today’s show:
- It takes a lot of courage to go from the ordinary to the extraordinary.
- Your soul is crying out for more –– more growth and more expansion. Listen to your soul and take action.
- People may get hurt and relationships may end, but these are not reasons to not act on your desires.
- Always feel your emotions no matter how difficult they may feel in the moment.
- Meditation will help you find the calm and the center to keep moving forward.
- You are the only one that can tune into your inner voice and hear what it’s saying. Trust your inner voice even if it goes against what everyone else is saying.
- If you are just fine, but deep down you are craving more out of life, get in a place where you can hear your inner voice through meditation, journaling, yoga, running, etc.
- Follow what your inner voice tells you to do and ask yourself, what’s the best that could happen?
Thank you so much for being on the show Lori and sharing your wisdom with us! I hope it motivated all of you to go from living an ordinary, FINE life to an extraordinary, AMAZING life!
Okay Midlifers! Get out there and BE BOLD, BE FREE, BE YOU!
🎙 Listen to the Podcast!
👉 Connect with Lori!
Fine is a 4-Letter Word Podcast: http://TheFinePodcast.com
Facebook personal: https://www.facebook.com/LoriSaitz/
🤓 Read the Blog!
🗞 Get The Midlife News!
🧰 Get Your FREE Midlife Makeover Toolkit!
❤️ Join the Club!
🎥 Watch the show on video!
💥 Follow me on IG and Watch the Show LIVE!
🤩 Take the Midlife Makeover Course!
😊 All the Midlife Goods!
📧 Email me!