Divorce can certainly be a big scary change in your life, but take it from me, divorce can also be a great opportunity to regain your personal power and begin a new life! I did it and so can you!
Today we are talking about a topic that most people DON’T like to talk about, and that topic is … DIVORCE!
I personally love talking about divorce, because I had a peaceful and positive divorce that helped me to evolve into the person I am today. From my divorce, I learned to love myself again, create better relationships, regain my independence, discover more of what I like and don’t like, rebuild the faith in myself, and most importantly, I uncovered my purpose in life, which is this show right here. My divorce was an absolute blessing to in disguise.
Don’t get me wrong, my divorce wasn’t all rainbows and sprinkles either! Divorce can certainly be a dark scary storm in your life, but you have to trust that the storm will pass, the sun will come out shining, and so will you!
There is no doubt that divorce is a big change in your life, and just like our guest said during our interview, you can look at change as either an opportunity or a disaster. It’s all about your perspective and your proactive approach to make the best of your divorce.
I know this is not a major news flash, but you can only control yourself. You can’t control anyone else, so just concentrate on what you can do. You have the power to make a positive impact on a negative situation.
Similar to what Ghandi said, be the change you wish to see in your divorce. YOU be the light in a dark divorce. You be the one to step up and say, “let’s make this a peaceful experience for you, for me, and for the family.” You be the one that surrenders to the blame game and instead of wasting your energy on pointing the finger, you use your energy to point yourself towards an exciting new chapter.
No matter if you are pre, mid, or post-divorce, there is something in this episode for everyone. If you are pre-divorce and haven’t quite made the leap yet, I hope this episode gives you the courage you need to set yourself and your spouse free. If you are mid-divorce, I hope this episode gives you hope that you will make it through to the other side. And if you are post-divorce like me, I hope this episode inspires you to break free from your past, embrace your present, and get you excited about creating a new future!
👇🏼The Nuggets of Midlife Wisdom From Today’s Show:
- Ask yourself what you have done to try and make your divorce a better experience.
- If you had a movie running through your mind and that movie was a cinematic experience of your ideal divorce, what does that movie look like to you before, during and after your divorce?
- Children need to know that their stability will remain there for them, and they did nothing wrong.
- You will always be a family. You will always be Mom and Dad. Divorce is just transforming a family from looking one way to looking a different way.
- Look at conflict as a conversation and an opportunity to learn more about the other person.
- Eliminate finger pointing. Neither one of you can change what happened in the past, and does it really matter who’s at fault?
- Prepare for the storm of divorce, trust the storm of divorce will pass, the sun will come out shining, and so will you.
- Jump off the cliff of divorce and grow wings on the way down. You will figure it all out! Have faith in yourself and your journey through divorce.
Enjoy the show! 🥰
Today’s awesome guest is A.J. Grossman!
A.J. is a master at navigating tough conversations for divorce, small business owners, conversations within relationships, and conversations within a family. A.J. himself was married for 8 years and experienced a divorce before happily marrying his current wife. A.J. graduated from San Jose State University with a degree in Business Administration and was at the top of his Florida Law School Class. He immediately went on to achieve his Master of Laws degree in Dispute Resolution from The Straus Institute at Pepperdine University Law School in California, which is the #1 ranked Dispute Resolution program in the country. A.J.’s goal is to help people solve problems, and he focuses his efforts on providing solutions that protect the interests of those who seek amicable resolutions in their lives.
👉 Connect with A.J. Grossman!
YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/channel/UCpJO0TfEhDt7wLsoG7hoMrQ
🎙 Listen to the Podcast!
🗞 Get The Midlife News!
🧰 Get Your FREE Midlife Makeover Toolkit!
❤️ Join the Club!
🎥 Watch the show on video!
💥 Follow me on IG and Watch the Show LIVE!
🤩 Take the Midlife Makeover Course!
😊 All the Midlife Goods!
📧 Email me!