Welcome to episode 100! Woo-hoo! As Dora the Explorer would say, we did it! We did it! We did it! Yeah! We definitely did it. Not me, but we, because I could not have made it this far without all of you and your support. Thank you to all of my listeners and guests that have been on the show and thank you to all of my future listeners and guests. I appreciate you and your kind reviews, too! I want to read a couple of recent reviews for the show.
This first 5-star review comes from Amy in Great Britain, and it’s titled:
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
In this podcast you’ll learn a lot on how to get unstuck in life. Wendy shares lots of concepts and ideas and you can always learn something new!
Thank you, Amy!!! You are awesome!
This next 5-star review comes from Ally Shaw in the USA and was a previous guest on The Midlife Makeover Show. It’s titled:
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Wendy’s energetic and infectiously positive voice is a much-needed bright light in the space of trauma discussion and recovery. She is normalizing difficult topics while charming her audience with her beautiful spirit. I am honored and grateful to have been a guest on her wonderful podcast.
Awww. You are so sweet, Ally! Thank you so much! If you listened to Monday’s episode, I talked about the power of words and that words can either lift you up or bring you down. Those words definitely lifted me up and made me feel really good, so thank you!
I know everyone is really busy out there, but if you can, take 5 minutes to leave a 5-star review on Apple podcasts. It would help the show tremendously. In the podcast world, reviews are how they rate podcasts.
By leaving a 5-star review, it gives The Midlife Makeover Show a boost to the top of the charts! Out of 3.2 million podcasts in the world, we have been ranked in the top 100 in the self-help category, which is incredible! My goal is to reach the top 10 and that would give me a big grin!
To leave a review is really easy. When you have The Midlife Makeover Show pulled up on Apple podcasts, just scroll to the very bottom and on the left side it will say, Write a Review. Simple as that! I receive the reviews every week and I will read your review on the show!
I’m personally giving today’s show a 5-star, because our guest is a super-duper star! I can’t wait for y’all to meet her! And yes, I said y’all, because I’m a Texan and my guest is also a Texan.
She is the perfect guest for show #100, because she is absolutely 100% the bomb. I really enjoyed our conversation today and I hope you do as well!
Our guest today is Paige Pritchard. Paige is a spending coach who helps women stop impulse shopping and overspending.
Paige discovered her passion for helping women develop healthier spending habits through her own personal struggles with impulse shopping when at age 22 she blew through her $60,000 salary after graduating from college.
By uncovering the root cause of her shopping and making a commitment to develop healthier spending habits she was able to turn her financial situation around in her twenties by paying off $40,000 of student loan debt, cash flowing her MBA, becoming a homeowner, and building a multiple six-figure investment portfolio by age 29.
In 2020 Paige became a certified life coach through The Life Coach School and since then has coached thousands of women to become better spenders and reach their full financial potential through her social channels, her podcast called The Money Love Podcast, and group coaching program, Overcoming Overspending.
Paige’s work has been featured in publications like NBC News, The Washington Post, The Daily Mail, BuzzFeed, The Guardian, and the Dr. Phil Show. Dr. Phil! I love Dr. Phil!
The Nuggets of Midlife Wisdom from today’s show:
- Studies have shown that compulsive shoppers or people with shopping addictions is not different than an alcohol or gambling addiction.
- Overspending is any spending you’re doing against your own good. You are spending money in a compulsive way by trying to numb, escape or change your emotional state. You’re shopping just to shop.
- When it comes down to your money mindset, there are two things going on: you have your beliefs about yourself in relation to money and the second is your thoughts about money.
- Spending is something you do. It is not who you are. Detach spending from your identity and your personality. Spending is a skill and something you can get better at over time.
- All of us will reach a point where we have enough, and any consuming we do past that point, will end up consuming us.
- When we spend money on experiences, it makes us happier than when we spend money on things. Products depreciate in our minds and experiences do the opposite, because we can think back and appreciate experiences.
- Change does not happen overnight. It takes time to change your spending habits and your money mindset. It’s worth the time because you are worth it!
Thank you, Paige! Check out Paige online at paigepritchard.com and The Money Love Podcast. Also, make sure you check out her Overcoming Overspending online group coaching program where Paige teaches her three-phase process on how to stop overspending, where you dive into your mindset, your emotions, and then your money, honey!
That’s a wrap folks! Thanks for listening to episode #100 and I will talk to you next week!
☎️ Call the Midlife Hotline!
🗞 Get The Midlife News!
🎙 Listen to the Podcast!
📣 Work with Wendy!
👉 Connect with Paige!
My podcast called The Money Love Podcast (https://link.chtbl.com/moneylovepodcast)
My website (https://paigepritchard.com/) Free Masterclass: Why You Impulse Shop & How To Stop
🧰 Get Your FREE Midlife Makeover Toolkit!
❤️ Join the Club!
🎥 Watch the show on video!
💥 Follow me on IG and Watch the Show LIVE!
📌 Follow me on Pinterest!
🤩 Take the Midlife Makeover Course!
😊 All the Midlife Goods!
📧 Email me!