Is it hot in here or is it just me? Those famous words spoken during perimenopause! learn how to RELIEVE hot flashes, fatigue, moodiness and more during perimenopause!
On today’s episode, our special guest, Jen Sweeney, will teach you the who, what, where, when, and why of perimenopause. You will learn WHO is affected by perimenopause (spoiler alert: every woman!), WHAT are the symptoms of perimenopause, WHERE you can seek help for perimenopause, WHEN perimenopause occurs in your life, and WHY you need Jen to help you thrive through it all!
Jen Sweeney is an author, entrepreneur, and passionate patient advocate. Frustrated by the lack of information and support women receive in perimenopause, Jen researched and wrote “You’ve Got to Be Kidding Me!: Perimenopause Symptoms, Stages and Strategies” and launched Periwinkle, a movement to help women thrive in mid-life. A practical dreamer, Jen is inspired as much by the Dalai Lama as Dolly Parton!
Turn down the thermostat, grab some ice water, and join us for happy, healthy hormones! Enjoy!
The Nuggets of Midlife Wisdom from today’s show:
- Every woman goes through perimenopause, and it can last up to 15 years. Gasp!
- Menopause means you have not had a menstrual cycle for at least one year. Perimenopause occurs before menopause.
- If you have ever had anxiety, depression, or another mental health condition in your life, you are at a 60% greater risk of experiencing those symptoms in perimenopause.
- The top 4 things you can do to thrive through perimenopause is #1 Find a care team that knows about hormone health #2 Get your hormones tested #3 Stop over-exercising and under-eating #4 Limit alcohol
- Cortisol is the most important hormone during perimenopause. Stay calm and keep your hormones strong!
- Listen to your body! Your body will tell you what it needs to be healthy!
👇🏼Connect with Jen! 👇🏼
😍 Thank you to our sponsor!
Thank you to Amberen for sponsoring The Midlife Makeover Show! Amberen is the #1 Menopause Supplement in the U.S. and clinically proven to provide relief of 12 major symptoms. I am so excited to start my 90-day Amberen Journey to take control of my menopause! Hot flashes and all!
Sponsored by Amberen. See Amberen.com for product details, disclosures, and clinical trial information.
🤓 Read the Blog!
🗞 Get The Midlife News!
🧰 Get Your FREE Midlife Makeover Toolkit!
❤️ Join the Club!
🎥 Watch the show on video!
💥 Follow me on IG and Watch the Show LIVE!
📌 Follow me on Pinterest!
🤩 Take the Midlife Makeover Course!
😊 All the Midlife Goods!
📧 Email me!